Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A 25 hours trip

My trip started at 7.45am on Wednesday, April 4th, when I took the train to Paris. It ended the same day around 11.00 am, when I first stepped in my new apartment. It took approximately 25 hours … Even though it was my first airplane trip (yes, it is possible!!), I was not even afraid like I thought I would be … On the plane to Chicago, an example of a pure American stereotype was sitting next to me! A little fat smiling woman who ate during all the trip: sodas, sweets, sandwiches, the diner served by the air-hotesses. A one week calories’ quantity swallowed in 8 hours! While eating, she read a “so interesting” study about…Britney Spears’ behaviour…!!! I didnot think that it was possible to waste time writing (and reading!) so many things about her. Once I arrived at the airport, I retrieved my luggage and waited for my boss who was supposed to pick me up……….
…..I waited….
…..waited………………………………………………….waited…….
and I called Lauriane (my French roommate) and Guilherme (my Brazilian roommate), who proposed to come to pick me up. My boss would tell me later it was a misunderstanding…
Arriving at my new home, I visited the apartment quickly: I have my own bathroom, a large wall cupboard, a soft feather bed, a thick carpet ground, an desk and the internet. Perfect! After some blablabla, I went to bed.

No comments: